ABSL Appoints Key Contractors for Construction of Advanced Biofuel Plant
27th November 2019
ABSL has now appointed all the key contractors required to complete the construction of the world’s first facility to produce grid quality natural gas from household waste.
The company is pleased to announce the following appointments:
- adi Projects Ltd will complete the mechanical and electrical integration of the plant including the installation of pipework and cabling.
- Valmet Ltd will deliver the software control system for the facility.
- Aptech (Powder Systems) Ltd will install a package to process and store the small quantities of hazardous ash generated by the plant.
- STB Engineering Ltd will supply a flux conveying system to feed material into the plant’s plasma furnace.
- M.C. Integ Ltd will design and fabricate a complex pressure relief valve that plays an instrumental role in ensuring the plant will operate safely.
- Otto Simon Ltd will resume their role as principal designer for the project.
- Saxlund International Ltd will complete the installation and commissioning of their waste handling equipment.
Andy Cornell, Chief Executive Officer of ABSL said “We’ve had a busy month placing orders for the work required to complete the construction of the plant. Our focus now shifts to ensuring that the contractors deliver on time so that we can start the commissioning of the facility in the second quarter of 2020.”Back to News